Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First Day of Clinicals

Today was my first day of clinical. I really loved it. It was so different than I expected it to be (just like the whole nursing program in general) but it was great. I realized that I had never before wheeled someone in a wheel chair before, so that was a first today. Actually, almost everything I did today was a first for me; feeding, changing, dressing, washing, and assessing these people. It made me much more excited and motivated to study because we are now actually applying what we learn on a real, living person, not a mannequin.

So, I'm tired (getting up at 4:30 is so...wonderful!), sore (not from clinical, from Frisbee), but excited. Hooray! :)

2 comments:

Elise said...

Cool, Becks! Where are you doing it at?

Bekah said...

My section goes to Provo Rehab. Some have to go to Salt Lake, some to Orem, and some to Springville, so I was really lucky to get it so close.