Friday, August 26, 2011

Once...

When I was younger-probably thirteen or fourteen-I heard a song on the radio. I still remember it very clearly. I was out in the barn feeding the horses when it came on. I don't remember any of the song except the chorus. When I heard it I almost cried. It was the saddest thing I had heard in a long long time. I hated sad songs, sad movies, sad books, and especially sad real-life stories, so I really disliked this song at first. But I always remembered it and as it would get stuck in my head a lot, I sang it often. But I only knew these lines:

"As long as the stars shine down from the heavens, 
as long as the rivers run to the sea
I'll never get over you getting over me."

That was it, that's all I remembered. Right about now those lines seem very applicable. I looked up the rest of the song (it's by Expose), and it doesn't apply at all, as there was never any fault or blame on him. He always treated me perfectly and loved me so well. If anyone was wrong it would be me. But that doesn't make it any easier imagining him moving on. I really want that for him, I really do. But my heart hasn't accepted that yet. At all. I've been praying for that strength for a while now. It will come, I have to believe that. But I think it might take a long, long time.


2 comments:

Elise said...

Bekah--that is so funny that you liked that song too! I heard it when I was really young and I bought the cd off of ebay when I was a teenager. Do you want me to email it to you?

Bekah said...

Haha, that's funny. It gets stuck in your head so easily. But yeah, that would be awesome :) I'm trying to put together a bunch of songs to listen to when I drive up to clinical in the mornings and that would be a good one. Thanks!