Saturday, January 7, 2012

Days like this...

I woke up late this morning. Why has that happened every day this week? Because of that, I was behind on my studying time for my pass offs and started getting super nervous. I finally decided to text a boy in my clinical group to see if he would be willing to study with me. Well my pass offs were at 10 and his were at 11, but he kindly offered to be on campus an hour and a half early to study with me. Bless him. I needed to shower and get ready, but I really wanted to run because I have only run once this week. So I decided to quickly run a mile and then head up to campus instead of showering (who thinks of nasty things like that? ME!). I got to campus right on time looking just fantastic (I went to the Temple last night, came home late, slept on my wet hair thinking I would shower the next morning, didn't even brush it when I went running, piled it on top of my head, threw on a sweatshirt, and ran to campus). When I got there I somehow remembered how much I hate looking like that in public (somehow I forget quite often), but I did well on pass offs so I guess it is maybe just a little worth it. Whew! Those things are stressful!

I finally got home and was able to shower, and during said shower I missed a call from someone who wanted to ask me on a date. Don't worry, he left a message so I called him back about an hour later (is that a good time length before calling someone back?) and he still asked me out. Yay! :) I'm finally excited for a date.

After that the day went by in a blur. No studying, nothing productive, just music videos, long conversations, and me freaking out. Until tonight. And this was the best part of the day. NOT!

Sarah and I ran home to get some stuff and see our fam. When we got there my Mom had a super bad rash on her face, which was spreading quickly and swelling up. She finally decided to go to the instacare to see if they had any new ideas this time (sometimes my faith in doctors is basically null). That made me even more stressed. While she was there, Sarah and I went to Wal Mart. We eventually found everything we were looking for and got in line. A boy from my ward walked up behind us (he's super cute, just so ya know) so I smiled and said hi. In return he gave me a blank stare. He didn't even deign a fake smile. Or a nod. "No big," I thought "I've just been in your ward for the past 9 months!" That made me feel really stupid. We checked out and left (after an awkward few minutes with him standing in line right behind us and me trying not to bust up laughing because of how embarrassing that was) and drove to our apt. There was no parking, so I decided to drop Sarah off with the stuff and park a few blocks away. But, because of my amazing driving skills we drove around the block a few times (I only had to pull one U-turn) before I could get to our side of the street.

So....I dropped her off, went and parked, got out, forgot to lock the car, walked back, locked it, and hurried the two blocks back to our apartment. It happens to be upstairs and I happened to be wearing new shoes and happened to start running up those stairs. Well, on the first couple steps I completely tripped and fell. Embarrassing! "Don't mind those people in the street walking past who just saw you biff it, just run a little faster up the rest of the stairs." Bad idea! I tripped a second time as I was nearing the top and finally fell into my apartment, feeling like the most coordinated being on the planet.

I love days like this.
Goodnight!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

You are so cute! This sounds like me when I'm at school - the whole "throwing your hair on top of your head and walking out in jeans and sweatshirt" thing. And guess what - you're STILL gorgeous! :)