Sunday, April 22, 2012

Surprise!

Once upon a time I wrote just one sentence about how I rode our horse, Patsy. It wasn't much, so here is a little more information:
I rode her on Friday afternoon and she did extremely well. I was so surprised at how well she responded to me. I loved it! She didn't have any of her old habits either, like jerking her head down every so often and making you whack your hand against the horn. After riding, when I was brushing her off, I kept thinking "I thought Patsy got more gray in the summer because her winter coat comes off. I must be mistaken because she's whiter than I've seen her in a long time..."

Well...if it wasn't for the fact that Dad told me that Patsy was here, I may have started to suspect the truth. I wasn't actually riding Patsy, I was riding a brand new horse that my Dad bought a few days ago. I just found out today. And that explains so much.

I am really excited with how good she is. We're trying to come up with a good name for her, any suggestions? She's almost pure white, half Arabian and half quarter horse, and she is very gentle. The previous owners called her Manny, but I'm not a very big fan of that name. I'm thinking something elvish. Because I love elvish names. But Dad didn't like my suggestion of Arwin. If it was my horse, that's what her name would be...

No comments: