Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I won't give up!

I just got introduced to Jason Mraz's song: I Won't Give Up. And I really love it.

Anyways...for the past couple weeks (like I've mentioned in like 3 posts already-sorry) I've been missing some particular boys. Just two. But because it's not just one, I understand that it's not actually them that I miss (well, I actually do miss them, but not in the way I'm making it seem) but having that wonderful support all the time. I'm lonely. I have an amazing family and awesome friends and I love them. I love spending time with them. But I have been 'casting my mind back' upon the wonderful feeling of support that comes from having a boyfriend. Someone who loves you and wants to make you happy.

HOWEVER! I read an awesome blog post (because I'm a blog stalker-I don't know this girl, but she garnered a whole lot of my respect from this post) about rockin' your singleness. And do you know what I realized? If I am not happy being single there is no way a relationship is going to give me the happiness I desire. That's not where happiness comes from. It can give you happiness and joy, but you only get that joy from being selfless and giving your self to that special someone. I'm not ready to do that. But you know what? The best thing that I can do now is learn how to give myself to someone. Because the most important person I can give myself to is my Heavenly Father. He can then shape me into who He wants me to be.

I want to be married some day. I want to have my own family. I love families! I love beautiful, eternal love stories. I want that! But until then, I'm going to learn how I can be happy on my own.

And lest I lead you astray, let me make it clear that I am happy. I am so much happier than I've been in a loooong time. But I can be even happier! And I'm going to learn better to rely on my Heavenly Father. I'm going to strengthen my faith in His love, in His knowledge of me, and in His timing and plan.

Just like our beloved President Uchtdorf said "I understand that, at times, some may wonder why they attend Church meetings or why it is so important to read the scriptures regularly or pray to our Heavenly Father daily. Here is my answer: You do these things because they are part of God’s path for you. And that path will take you to your “happily ever after” destination.
“Happily ever after” is not something found only in fairy tales. You can have it! It is available for you! But you must follow your Heavenly Father’s map...Sisters, we love you. We pray for you. Be strong and of good courage. You are truly royal spirit daughters of Almighty God. You are princesses, destined to become queens. Your own wondrous story has already begun. Your “once upon a time” is now" (Your Happily Ever After, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf).
Isn't that beautiful? My once upon a time is now! So I need to learn how to make it the happiest once upon a time ever :) 

2 comments:

Beka said...

i totally believe this is true! i worry about people who have to constantly be in a relationship to feel that they are of any worth. if there is anything i have learned this last year and a half it is to love being me and create my own happiness

Unknown said...

Hey Bekah,
I noticed I had some referrals from your blog for my "Miss Independent?" post and decided to stalk you back. I'm glad that my writing could help, even in the slightest way, to remind you that you are a rock-awesome person, with or without a man by your side:) Never doubt your power for greatness. That power doesn't come from having a man by your side, it comes from within you and from your Heavenly Father. You are of infinite worth :) and you have a Father who loves you and has a plan for you. Only He knows exactly what you need to get there.

Love,
Rachel
(The Rambling Ranter)