This is where I write my thoughts on life--thoughts on nursing school, work, happy or sad events, and relationships. Here I try to record my growth and experiences in all the above mentioned areas. And that growth revolves around the things I believe as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The other day I met up with Taylor after my contemporary dance class. He asked me how it went and I just gushed over how much I love dancing. We then started talking about the differences in ballroom and contemporary (he does ballroom super well) and he said, "In contemporary you kind of have to be able to move like a tree, right?" I replied "welllll, more like a rubber weed."
Last night I went to Evidance, the concert that BYU puts on with all of their top dance teams. Contemporary, Ballet, Ballroom, Folk Dance, and Living Legends. It was amazing. However, I remembered after watching the first contemporary piece that I really didn't like contemporary. It's too crazy and jolty and sharp. Which is the purpose, it's just not my favorite.
But then I saw this performance. It was incredible. I can't even fathom how you become this talented, flexible, and graceful. Holy smokers. This couple won the National 2012 Cabaret championship. They're from BYU. And so they performed their routine last night. Wow.
And then I re watched this one. The guy in this video was cousins to my dance partner in spring, so he came and coached us once. I was super intimidated just knowing he was on the touring ballroom team. I'm glad Conner didn't show me this until after or my intimidation level would have multiplied exceedingly.
I want to be able to move like that. Ha. Fat chance. But I'm definitely working on my flexibility with more gusto than before :)
Oh, and I still think that out of all the teams, the Folk Dance team is my favorite.
No comments:
Post a Comment