Monday, September 5, 2011

Memories

It is late and I need to sleep, but as I was sitting here thinking (why am I doing that instead of getting ready for bed? I do not know) I started thinking of a song my Mom would sing to me when we went to bed. It is so nostalgic and I love it SO much.

Sleep tight, Sand Man's a commin' 
and he'll be here mighty, mighty soon 
and if you don't cry he'll be commin' by
With a great big lollipop moon.

How I love my pretty baby
Sweet and precious little baby
How I love my pretty baby
Honest to goodness I do!

Did I already say how much I LOVE that song? I now sing it to my nieces and nephews as much as I can when they are going to sleep.

And just while I'm writing about it, I want to express how grateful I am for my Mom. She is one amazing woman and I look up to her in so many ways. I love how she has taught me to love music, to love cooking, sewing, gardening, fruit picking, politics, nutrition, good books, reading aloud, etc. etc. etc. She is the most selfless person I have ever met. She is never doing things for herself. When I was 12-13ish I remember realizing how her whole life was serving us--her children and her husband. It made me realize how selfish I was and to wonder if I could ever learn to serve like she does. I am so grateful to her and I need to express that to her more often. And I'll remember my favorite goodnight lullaby forever. 
Ok, nighty night!


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Quincy sings the same song to our kids at night. We all love it.