Wednesday, November 23, 2011

2 in 1 day. Whoops!

I've been thinking a lot lately how different my outlook on life can be day to day. Lately I have been so much happier than I have the past several months. I don't think I'm back to my normal cheerful, optimistic self yet, but that will come. It will never be exactly the same and that's okay. Life will never again be what it used to be, before I went to college, studied nursing, got engaged and broke off an engagement, experienced sorrow, apathy, fears, humbling realizations of how flawed I am, and wonderful realizations of how beautiful and perfect the Atonement of Jesus Christ is. I have had to rely so much on my Savior lately, and the knowledge I have that He will make everything OK in the end. Not only for me, but for every single person upon this earth. Isn't that amazing? I have begun to understand a little better why the Atonement is the greatest gift we have been given and why it is vital in the plan of happiness. It is this essential part of that plan that enables us to return to our Heavenly Father.

I have had very interesting experiences in the past three months. I have learned things about myself that make me feel extremely flawed and inadequate. I have had a lot of guilt from past mistakes I have made. I have experienced feelings I never thought I would, and those include feeling no desire to try to be happy, no desire to ever be married, and very little desire to make the effort to become better. But I have been blessed beyond measure by my Heavenly Father. He has taught me so much through these experiences. Like I said before, I have had to rely on my Savior, Jesus Christ and on my loving Heavenly Father. They will make everything okay! They will fix any injustice, make every pain worth it, heal every hurt, and make new a heart in pieces.

I feel like I'm being slightly dramatic. But I know, with perfect certainty, that my Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ live! That my Savior atoned for me, for you, and for every person on this earth. I can't even comprehend the love they must feel for us, flawed and imperfect as we are. And this is what I am most grateful for this Thanksgiving season.

I mentioned in a previous post the movie 17 Miracles. Here is line from that movie that I have thought about and relied on a lot these past few weeks: It will all be worth it in the end! And I truly believe that :)

No comments: