As I said in a previous post, my overall gift to my Savior, Jesus Christ this year is to come to love Him and our Heavenly Father more. And I believe that the main way that I can do that (along with reading/studying the scriptures) is to serve others. So that is what I am going to do. That is my goal. And to serve, not for recognition, or to get service in return, but because of love: love for the children of God around me as well as love for my Savior. And as I serve, my love for them will grow.
This evening we were able to sing together as a family (and last night and this morning). I LOVE singing. It is one of my very favorite things in the whole world. Some of the times I have felt the most secure, the most safe, or the most loved is when I have been singing together with my family and felt the unity and strength that came from that. One of the songs we learned last Christmas, and that we sang tonight, is called He's Born. It is beautiful. I wanted to record the lyrics here:
Joy to the world, the Lord is come, to ev'ry boy and girl, He'll be the Holy One,
He'll be a king, He'll be a Lord, He's just a baby, but He'll save the world
And I'll sing Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! He is my Savior.
Today He's born, He's born.
Rejoice, rejoice, the Savior's come. We'll lift ev'ry voice, to the Healing One
A sinner saved, the price was paid, He's just a baby, He was born today
And I'll sing Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
He is my Savior and my King. With all my heart ot Him I"ll sing.
My Lord and King will I adore and lift my praise forever more.
He is my Shepherd and I know, that all my love to Him I"ll show,
And all my life to him I'll give,
He is born! He's born!
And I'll sing Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! He is my Savior.
Today He's born, He's born.
I know my Savior lives! I am so grateful for the knowledge. I would definitely be one lost little girl without it. I am so grateful for His sacrifice for me, for His love, for His constant care. And I am so glad that we celebrate His birth specifically during this season.
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment