School starts on Wednesday. Basically that gives me one more day to not have homework. Oh wait, I already do! Don't you love those teachers who assign you homework before the semester has even started? That is basically the epitome of a nursing instructor. I started on one of the assignments and suddenly the dislike came flooding back. I'm not ready to start memorizing medications again! I think I'll do good once I actually start school for reals (or fer rills), but doing homework on what is supposed to be a holiday is quite disheartening. Oh well.
I've learned one medication so far. Indomethicin. Or Indocin (they all have at least 2 names, isn't that the worst?). It's a Non-steroidal antiinflammatory drug (NSAID). It can be used for arthritis and tendonitis and a lot of other things that I forgot right now but most importantly (for this semester) it is used for a patent ductus arteriosis (I'll explain that later) in a premature infant. It can be given PO (Per Os aka by mouth) or IV. It inhibits prostaglandin synthesis by decreasing a needed enzyme. And it's contraindicated in pregnant women in their third trimester. And in anyone who has a hx (history) of GI (gastrointestinal) bleeding, ulcers, or NSAID allergy. Ok, that's basically all I've learned so far. I'd better keep working.
Oh, btw, I'm moving out! Wahoo! With Sarah :) We're going to live with the best people ever in a super nice apt that's really close to campus for an extremely good price. I'm excited.
Ttfn
2 comments:
WHERE ARE YOU LIVING?
I'm living with Anna, Whitney, and Sarah in the Bostonian :)
Post a Comment