Thursday, February 2, 2012

Things yet to come. Phew!

After dating someone (and being engaged) for so long, you create quite a trove of memories. You do everything together and, if it's your first boyfriend, you have a lot of firsts with that person. You experience new things and you learn more about things you love. You do things you've always dreamed about doing. And then, when it doesn't work out, you're left to wonder if all of those "firsts" were all taken up. Are there still things to look forward to in another relationship? For example:

He was my first kiss.
We kissed and danced in the rain.
I said "I love you" already.
We cuddled by a campfire under the stars.
We've had snowball fights, gone swimming, ridden horses, gone boating, gone to tons of restaurants that I had never been before (Texas Roadhouse for example) and so, so many other things.

But, thinking about this, I realized all the other things I still have not done when it comes to relationships.

I have yet to be dating someone over Valentine's Day.
I have yet to kiss on New Years Eve.
I have yet to kiss under a waterfall ;)
I still want to watch a scary movie with my boyfriend (why? Don't ask me ;)
Ride in an air balloon with someone I love (that almost happened with Matt. I was disappointed when it didn't, but now I'm kind of glad).
I can always have romantic moments that top the ones I've experienced so far.
And most importantly I have yet to be married, right? :)

Sweet.

No comments: