Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Well this is interesting...

I realized again today that I just don't like boys right now. But (and this is what is unusual about this discovery) I also realized that it's perfectly okay!!! Hip hip hooray! I'm fine if I don't like boys right now, it's perfectly normal (right?). Maybe I'll start liking a boy again soon, but maybe not. Maybe I need to go on a mission first, and maybe I don't. Maybe I need to do something crazy fun this summer that has absolutely NOTHING to do with boys (that hasn't happened in a very loooong time--Alaska anyone? Hopefully! ;) and once I've gotten that out of my system I'll start being interested again.

However, just to make it clear (hm hm) thinking a boy is attractive is very different than liking him. I think lots of boys are attractive and I'm impressed with many of them (and physically attracted to them as well) but I just can't get myself to like them--I've been trying and it's not working. So I'm giving up. But I'm still going to go on dates (because they're really fun) and talk about boys and joke around and flirt with them. Is that okay? I'll just make sure (with Chelle's advice) to make it obvious that I'm going on lots of dates with lots of different boys.

Well that's a relief!

Ok, this is the last post about boys for a while, I promise.

2 comments:

Beka said...

ALASKA? for what? i wanna go! also, i am totally in this same spot right now! except i'm trying not to make guys i'm not interested in ask me out. being friendly and talking to people sometimes is taken as flirting... not good.

Bekah said...

My brother and sister-in-law live up there so I'm pretty sure I'm going to go visit them over the summer.
Haha, and I'm not trying to get guys to ask me out, just not saying no to the first date if they do ;)