Friday, March 2, 2012

Hey Sugar, I like your eyebrows...

That title has nothing to do with this post, except for the word SUGAR. (It's from the Vocal Point song "I Can't See Me Stalking Nobody But You:" "Hey Sugar, I like your eyebrows! Nah, that's kinda weird." anyways...!)

In my office we have a candy bowl, which happens to sit on my desk right, in front of my face. We have a rotation every week for who fills up the bowl and this week it was the students' turn. I was not very smart and bought my very favorite hard candy (left) and my favorite chocolate candy (below) to put in the bowl. This resulted in me eating waaaayyyy too much candy yesterday. It was ridiculous. As a result I have decided to go on a sugar fast. Yep, I'm going to do it again. For reals this time. I know I bombed March 1st, but we're going to pretend I didn't and I'm doing no sugar for all of March. The only exception to this is dates, but I have a feeling that my dating spree is coming to an end soon so that won't be much of a problem. 


I mentioned this to a friend and he started worrying that I was doing it for fat reasons. Although I probably should have that as a reason, it isn't at all. I really do this so that I can increase my self-control. I have an issue with self-control. Sometimes I can be so very good and other times I fail miserably. Lately I've been failing. So in hopes that having self-control in one area of my life will benefit every other area, I'm starting a sugar fast. And it makes me feel healthier too, so that's a good thing.

Anyone want to join me? I am so determined to do this wholly and completely. No more late night ice cream trips with Taylor, no more brownies with Brittany, and no more snacking all day from that blasted candy bowl. Bring it.

*p.s. It was kind of really difficult to look up a yummy picture of reese's peanut butter cups to post here. Aren't they heavenly? Goodness. 

3 comments:

Beka said...

i am doing the 21 Day no Junk Food Challenge again right now until the 21st! also, you have so many boys. . . what the? ;)

Laura said...

I'm probably going to regret this later but...I'm in. I'll do it with you! March = no sugar!

Bekah said...

Yes! Laura, I'm so happy! That will make me much more motivated :) Wahoo!

Beka: I want to try your no junk food too! I have a hard time giving up fries and chips. But I'm going to try it. And in the way of boys...I just have spurts that make me stressed and then they (meaning maybe 2 guys) realize that they really were tricked as to who I was and they aren't interested after all. And then they stop and it makes me not stressed ;)