Saturday, April 14, 2012

Oh what do you do during finals week?

So.... you know how finals are here? Yeah, and remember how I have 5 4 more to take? Yeah. And remember how a couple of them are going to be really hard?

Well, instead of being a good student and studying all hours of the night like I should, I got to take a couple breaks from studying and do some super cool things.

1). Kayaking. Wednesday night Kyle taught me how to Kayak. I was quite apprehensive about it seeing as I had never before done kayaking, I hate being in a swim suit, and it was going to be kind of late. However, it turned out to be one of the funnest things I've done in a long time.
I first had to learn how to get out of the kayak when I was upside down in the water. That was really scary, but after the first time it was fine (it just took me like 10 minutes to actually try it...). Then I learned how to row in a straight line (I'm still not very good at it) and after that, Kyle taught me how to roll it. By the end of the night I was able to roll over (so I was upside down under water) and then roll back up. Just by myself. It was so fun. This may have been an exaggeration, but Kyle told me I was basically in the top 1% of people learning how to kayak because I learned how to roll my first time :) I'm just a little proud of that fact ;)

2). Stunting. On Thursday night Skyler taught me how to stunt. In case you're wondering what this is, it basically is the very very basics of what a cheerleader gets to do. So I learned how to jump/get thrown up and caught up in the air, standing on someone's hands with their arms all the way extended. Basically this has been a dream I've had all my life so it was awesome to finally be able to do it. :) I also practiced a back hand spring but so far can only do it on the tramp. I freaked out a few times when we first tried, but by the end I did one that was almost good ;) I loved it, even though it was absolutely terrifying.

I woke up Thursday morning feeling sore and then Friday (after stunting) I realized what really sore meant. My muscles are still screaming at me and I feel like I'm waddling instead of walking right about now...


3). Going to Passover. On Friday night I went to Passover at BYU with Brian. It was amazing. It was a little long and the bitter herbs were the nastiest things I've ever eaten in my life, but it was such an awesome experience. I learned a lot and loved the symbolism in everything.

Don't worry, I have studied a lot. I've just taken more breaks than usual this semester. Because of this, I really need to get to work. So, cheerio, I'm off to take a peds test :)


2 comments:

Beka said...

WOMAN!!! three dates with three guys in three days!!!? you need to teach me your ways

Bekah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.