Sunday, July 22, 2012

Slacklining and Panning for Gold

On Friday night we set up the slackline. It took me a while to remember how to set it up, and there were tons of mosquitoes, but it was still really fun. 

Samuel

Joseph

Quince and Jen even did it :) 



Mary
I love this picture :) 



On Saturday, Quince took me gold mining and we panned for gold. I couldn't do it for a living. I would be too impatient. But it was super fun :) 



Before...

and after! 



 I got $6!


And I got to see the Alyeska Pipeline. It pipes oil. In case you are like me and didn't know ;) 


Right now I'm in the Seattle airport heading back home. I excited to get home, but I'm sad I had to say goodbye to Quince and Jen and their family. I loved the time I was able to spend up there and definitely learned a whole lot. Thanks guys!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Bekah! That looks like so much fun! I'm jealous you got to go to Alaska when it was warm! ;) Glad you had a blast! Love you :)