The past several days (I think since about Thursday of last week) I have been sick. Yuck. I've been miserable. It usually is the worst in the mornings, goes away a tiny bit in the early afternoon, and then comes back full force around 5. It has included super bad headaches (I mean like the kind that throb behind your eyes, that make you feel like your head is going to explode, and that make you gasp in pain if you have to lean over because of the pressure), sore throat, swollen lymphnodes, and an extremely annoying runny nose.On Sunday I was going through old notes/letters and found a letter from my older brother Quincy. I wish I had the letter to quote, but it was from when he was on his mission in Brazil. He told me how he had a cold and had already used a half a roll of toilet paper and his nose was all chapped. I laughed (harder than necessary) because I could totally relate.
On Monday night I had my dance class. This was one of the times I had a headache described above. I had had a runny nose all day, but as I began to dance I realized that there would be a problem. Having to spin fast and hard is not a very good combination with an extremely runny nose. I was worried. Yeah, pretty disgusting. But don't worry, it didn't happen. I was blessed. Monday night I went over to Taylor's apartment to study and the whole time there I was blowing my nose. The problem was that they didn't have any tissues, only toilet paper. But that was obviously in their bathroom and I wasn't super comfortable (because of the layout of their apt) walking back there to get some. So Taylor kept having to get me more. and more. and more. I felt extremely gross and unattractive.
Tuesday I had all my nursing classes. After 3 hours straight of ICU I think my classmates were ready to shoot me. I literally blew my nose about every 10 minutes. That's a lot. With just an hour break in between, the same pattern occurred through the three hours straight of our Psych class. Sorry guys! As I walked out of class I walked down to the bathroom for about the 10th time that day to wash my hands and restock on the tp. I was pretty fed up. I had used definitely more than half a roll of toilet paper by this time and my nose hurt like the dickens. As I grabbed more toilet paper, grumbling to myself about how horrid being sick is, I had a sudden positive, surprising thought. "Thank goodness for toilet paper!"
And that is the source for this title.
1 comment:
You should get the tissues with VICK's in them. They are totally worth it.
Also, rub mentholatum on the inside of your nose before bed. When I have a cold I can't go to sleep unless I do that.
Post a Comment