As I have been cooking and cleaning for hours today I have had lots of time to think about what I am thankful for. What has come most often to mind are the many many people I am grateful for who have taught me so very much. I wanted to write a short synopsis of some of the many people who have impacted my life in the past year:
Jen: Ever since Quince got married, my respect for my awesome sister-in-law has continued to grow. And I was able to spend about a month with them this last July, and I can still say that which says so much about who she is :) She has inspired me in so many ways and really gave me the confidence I needed to make decisions and move forward with my life. I am so grateful that she believes in my ability to make decisions and gives me the courage to made hard ones. If I could be half the person she is I would be doing so good. Not only do I absolutely love talking to her, but I have also learned so much about how to be a better Mom from her. I love her so very much :)
Matt: I know we have been "un-engaged" for longer than a year but his example still continues to teach me. One of the most important things he taught me was how important it is to look past a person's actions, lifestyle, dress, etc and see them as the child of God that they are. He taught me so much about how unconditional love must feel He helped me realize that there is good in everyone.
Brittany: Britt has impacted my life for much longer than a year. She helped me through the most difficult time of my life to this point and did it in such a perfect way. She is such a good listener. She lets me vent however much I need to and still listens when I go on for more than a few hours :) She has talked me through so many rough days and encouraged me when things were awful. She totally exemplifies the commandment to "mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort" (Mosiah 18). I love her and am so grateful I was blessed to have her as a best friend.
Kyle: (this is weird writing this now that you could possibly read it. Whatevs) I have learned a ton from Kyle ever since I met him last spring. Not only has he broadened my political perspectives and made me really think about what I profess to believe, but he has given me so very many things to think about, principles that have changed my life. He taught me so much about looking at things from different perspectives, about discussing ideas without the purpose of convincing someone else, but rather just for broadening your own views. He is a super good example of not saying you believe anything unless you're sure you understand why. And he taught me awesome things like how to roll a kayak and how to slackline. :)
Brian: Probably unknown to him, Brian lifted me when I really needed it. Even if it was just from a few conversations, he helped strengthen my faith and motivate me to be better, to try harder, and to just keep going.
Laura B.: Ever since Fall semester of 2011, Laura has been one of my best friends and greatest examples. She is someone who gives the best advice, talks you through decisions, and helps you appreciate where you are at. She is such a strong person. I have felt a close bond with her from the fact that both of us called off engagements around the same time, but with hers being a few months before mine she was there always encouraging me with the evidence that things do get better. She has been such a blessing to me and I love her.
Taylor: Once again, I have learned so much and continue to learn so much from Taylor. One of the lessons he taught me so well was the importance of service. He truly had a testimony of the power of serving others and lived that testimony. He also taught me a lot about how fun the gospel can be. I hope so very much that he is happy and doesn't regret what has transpired.
Laura A.: Laura is amazing. She inspires me on a regular basis to be more grateful for the things i have been blessed with. I am so glad she has a blog that I can read and learn from her. And it was awesome that she could come eat this thanksgiving dinner with us today. Love ya doot! Happy black Friday shopping :)
I could continue so much longer, but I am falling asleep and need to get to bed. I am so very grateful this thanksgiving for the many people who have blessed my life and inspired me to be a better person. What a very blessed girl I am indeed. Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment