I have been so impatient these last few days. I just want my call already! It's Wednesday, which hopefully gives me just one more week to wait. I want to spend lots of that super busy so time goes by faster. (Or sleeping. Time goes by pretty fast when I do that, too). I dreamed that I got called to Bangkok. It was a pretty vivid dream. But I've also had a super vivid dream about 5 months ago that I was called to Ukraine. So we'll see.
Today I have been missing Taylor so dang much! I don't know what it is. I think it has to do with the emotional stress of clinical and just wanting someone to listen to me and hug me and tell me I'm wonderful. I'm ridiculous. Hard days make me miss him more. Which then makes it even a harder day. Mostly I think it's because I just don't have much time to talk to people besides psych patients all day and I just want someone to tell my thoughts to. Thank goodness for memory and knowing that it was the right thing to do. This is a pretty normal part of my breaking up process. I'll get over it soon.
Every time I leave my psych clinical I feel so odd. When I leave and come back to BYU I forget that all the people walking around me are not psych patients and are mostly likely healthy, normal, fun, safe college students. They don't need to be talked to in a simple way, I don't need to try to ensure that my conversation is therapeutic, and I don't need to be worried! Oh goodness. What has nursing done to me? I think it is also related to the fact that I hear so many awful, tragic, often gruesome life stories of the patients I'm working with. It's really sad. I wish there was an answer to this! Why is this world so very wicked?
This last little while I've really realized the importance of taking care of your emotional, mental, and physical health. (probably due to my psychiatric nursing class). Time to relax, to de stress, to just ponder and think and become peaceful is so very important for everyone. I want to explore things that are simple that I can do right now so that I can continue doing them when I become a mom and have so much more stress than I have right now. Have you guys found anything helpful to de stress that doesn't take special equipment or tons of time?
No comments:
Post a Comment