Thursday, February 14, 2013

13 days. Oh, and happy Valentine's Day!

Guess what?

I go into the MTC in 13 days. It's pretty crazy. This day is kind of ironic, you know. I called off my wedding 13 days before it was supposed to happen. Of course this isn't anything like it except that they both are major, life changing, possible eternally significant decisions. And knowing that it's 13 days away makes it seem so crazily close.

I'm not ready! Still. I sure do hope I learn a lot from these Spanish and BoM classes because otherwise I don't know if the time they take from preparing for my mish is worth it. (Not like I don't waste time on fb or blogging or anything...)

I need to come up with a plan of what I'm going to buy and when.

Top priorities currently as as follows (this is only a shopping list. There are other preparations far more important):

-SHOES! I need some really good, comfortable, durable shoes.

-A rain coat: I don't really have one of these. I only have super heavy duty coats and then a few really light jackets. So I need a raincoat that can be somewhat warm but not really warm.

-Scripture bag. This one is rather important because I believe I will be using it from day one for all my important things that I need with me all the time.

-Footies. Most of the shoes I'm bringing need nylons or footies. And the more I wear nylons the more I don't like them. So I want some good quality (not the kind that fall apart and don't even stay on your feet) ones.

-Hygiene stuff. I think I should take enough of this for at least a transfer so I don't have to be worrying about getting to the store right when I get there.

-The missionary library.

-Music. I think I will die without music. I'm not allowed to bring an Mp3 player so I need to get some CDs, a CD player, and some speakers.

-I need to get my second Hep A shot. I am such a procrastinator on this one.

-And a few more outfits. I'm going to get bored of my clothes really fast seeing as I wear them almost every day already for work. Not that you need the best, most chic clothes for a mission, but I would still like to be cute. I also need to take in my shabby apple dress (Thanks to Kerri I was able to buy a super cute one) and finish my skirts.

-I need a first aid kit and things like batteries for my camera, pictures of my fam, pedigree chart, etc. But those aren't as important because they are not necessities.

-Oh, and i still need to look at luggage one more time. Glorious.

And I think that's all. Then there is the whole other part of preparation. My Dad thinks I should give up media already to start breaking it in, but I'm of a different opinion. I need to get it all in before I leave :) And I still need to finish PMG. It is so good but it takes me so long to read! And you can never read your scriptures too much.

So wish me luck as I try to catch up on Spanish, do all this shopping (oh yeah, did I mention that I really don't like shopping?), and prepare as best as I can in the next 13 days. It's gonna fly by.

No comments: