Sunday, October 30, 2011

The week in musings

Just some random musings I've had over the past week:
  • So much music on the radio is ridiculous lately. 
  • I never want to be one of those people that make you think "I wonder what she says about me when I'm not here..."
  • Sometimes life is so difficult and I don't like it. How can I become content with the simple fact that life is hard and I need to learn to enjoy it anyway? 
  • Gossip is so detrimental to everyone's Spirit. I really want to be a person who is known for always saying positive things about people and standing up for them when others aren't. 
  • Sometimes I get tired of trying so hard and I give up. But then it makes life so much worse and then I have to try that much harder. 
  • Dates are fun, and even though I haven't been very excited about them, they are really good for me and they turn out much better than expected. 
  • I am not a huge fan of meat. But Tucanos is still good--I just like the non-meat stuff better. 
  • Not doing an assignment is the WORST thing EVER! 
  • If I never get married, or if I don't get married for a long time, I don't want to become bitter about it and cynical about life and critical of other people who seem like their dreams are all fulfilled. 
  • I need to figure out my priorities and make them priorities time-wise during my day. I think that would make life a little easier. 
  • I need to have more faith that I can get answers to my prayers, even if they take a long, long time in coming and lots and lots of fervent prayers.
  • I love children, they make me so happy :)
  • I never appreciated people's testimonies very much until lately--now I'm beginning to understand what people meant when they said they were strengthened by hearing the testimonies of others. 
Ok, I need to go to bed now.  I'm going to make this next week so much better than this last. And I'm going to memorize a scripture a day, like I'm supposed to. And I'm going to read a conference talk (at least one) this week. And I'm going to read my scriptures in the morning-no matter what else I have to do. And I'm going to sing a lot. And pray a lot. And refuse to be okay with negative thoughts.

Goodnight.


2 comments:

Laura said...

I had similar thoughts for this next week - I'm going to make it better! I need to e-mail you sheesh! Doing that NOW! Have an awesome week Bekah doot :) I love you!

Bekah said...

I love you too! Life can be beautiful, right? I hope you have a fantastic week as well. And I'm so excited to get your email. Like really really :)