Saturday, November 12, 2011

Stereotypical?

Yes. Well, maybe?

I decided to keep track of all the things people assume about me because i'm quiet (maybe a tiny bit shy). It's quite interesting. So, here are some things people have said to/about me:

  • Girl : "I wish I could see Rebekah explode at someone...the thought of Rebekah getting mad is so funny!" Boy (to me): "has that ever happened?" 
    • Oh how I wish I could say I was a perfect person and had never been mad!
  • "You don't really have a personality. You need to be more spontaneous. Like, do something crazy."
    • Um, excuse you? Ouch, that one hurt!
  • "You could be the poster child for beautiful innocence" (This was someone I didn't even know, just had worked with a tiny bit at the hospital). 
    • I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment...
  • "Cute little Rebekah! You're so sweet!"
    • That makes me feel just a little bit young. Okay, I know, I am only 20 ;) Hopefully I would still qualify for being sweet if that person really knew me...
  • These (thankfully) have never been said straight out to me, but I often feel like people think them:
    •  I'm super slow just because I'm quiet. 
    • Also, because I'm naive in some things, I don't have a clue or have an opinion about anything. 
Anyway, some of these things made me bitter for a while, but now I just think it's kind of funny. Try not to stereotype people, it never works :) And just because I'm quiet doesn't mean I have no personality. 

Random thought: I am so grateful to a certain girl that I know (I don't know her very well) who is always saying kind things about everyone. No matter who it is (maybe a few people excluded, but a very few) she finds something she loves about them and vocalizes that whenever someone starts talking about that person. I want to be more like that. 

Other random thoughts:
I was so blessed today to do better on a test than I deserved. 
I LOVE good music!
I need to be happier. Will I ever get back to where I'm at all interested in anything to do with love? 
Family is so great! I love them! 

Ok, goodbye.


No comments: