Monday, April 23, 2012

Summer

Well my life has not been nearly as exciting as many of those on the blogosphere. I didn't graduate, I haven't had a baby (heck I'm not even dating anyone, let alone married! ;), and I haven't traveled anywhere. But summer was officially here these past few days in Utah (it was up in the 80's yesterday and today) and it is great.

With the warm weather, however, have come many, many memories. The past two summers I was in a pretty serious relationship, so since the summer before I started college I have not had a single summer where I was single. Yes, that has only been two, but it seems quite a while. It is not really sad, and it isn't something that is making my life harder at all. It has just caused me to contemplate. It has made me think of reasons why I should be grateful to be single. I want to spend my summer doing all the things that I still can do being completely unattached to anyone but my very own dear fam :) I want to have the most stress-free summer I've had in years. I have an easy job that pays well, I'm going to school for just one term with classes that shouldn't be too difficult, and I have no other obligations. I have learned so much these past two years and am so grateful for the amazing people that I was able to come to know so well. I hope that life is so very good to them.

Plans for the summer:




  1. Get good grades in my classes
  2. Ride horses at least once a week
  3. Exercise on a consistent basis
  4. Learn to do a round off back hand spring
  5. Go to seven peaks
  6. Get tan for once!
  7. Jump on the tramp
  8. Read lots and lots of books
  9. Earn lots of money
  10. GO TO ALASKA!!!  
I know, it's going to be a fabulous summer. 



Classes start tomorrow for spring term, and man am I excited! :) I'm taking a dance class and am realizing again (because of my ecstasy) how much I love dancing. I'm taking a self-defense class, so that will be good, and I'm also taking Mission Prep, which I am really looking forward too. Along with those three, I have my two nursing classes--the clinical portion and the class portion. With those classes, though, comes homework. That is why I got on the internet and believe it or not I got distracted. Whoops. So, I'd better go do that. Ttfn!

2 comments:

Beka said...

why are you going to alaska?! I am jealous!

Bekah said...

My brother and sister-in-law live up there with their family, so I get to go up and stay with them for a few weeks. It's going to be so fun.