Monday, November 12, 2012

They're In!

Yesterday my papers were officially submitted. I'm pretty excited :) Now begins the waiting game and trying to forget about it for two weeks. I'm super busy this week so I think it will go quickly.

I have had so many thoughts over the weekend. Lots of them about my mission, lots of them about my preparedness, lots of them about Taylor and relationships.

I competed in dancesport on Friday. It was super fun. We made it to 5 rounds or semi-finals but we didn't make it to finals. It was much farther than anticipated so we were pretty happy :)

I think I've decided that you can have withdrawals from the physical aspect of a relationship as well as the emotional. I've really been missing cuddling. I am going to be so much more careful in any future relationships to keep that aspect of the relationship reeeeeeeaaaaly slow. It will save a lot of grief if we end up breaking up. That's all.

I've been getting so excited for my mission! It was definitely a miracle that I was able to meet with Pres. Roberts yesterday. It was crazy trying to figure it out (I was texting people all during church and I never do that!) and my papers came through just in time.

I can't really imagine myself as a missionary. It doesn't really seem real yet. But I think it won't feel real until I'm out there. Or until I come back, like one of my RM friends told me yesterday :) I am starting to get nervous that I'm not ready, or that I won't be the type of missionary that I need to be, but I'm trying to ignore those thoughts. I don't think they're from Heavenly Father. I just need to do my best, be obedient, and "forget myself and go to work".

So. Now comes the guessing part of where I'm going to go. Here is a list of all the missions. I'm not sure which ones are open to sisters, but it gives you a general idea. Leave a comment here or on facebook if you want to guess :)

1 comment:

carrie @ the boonie life said...

I say France. That was my first thought. Is that where your mom went? Is that why I am thinking France? I am super excited for you, Bekah Girl! You will be an amazing missionary! You would definitely be the type of missionary that you need to be.